Life happens. Once you’ve woken up to the vast benefits of high quality sleep, it’s not always going to be smooth sailing.
You can employ great tactics to ensure you’re getting the sleep your body needs, but from time-to-time, those plans are going to go straight out the window. And that’s ok.
Today you’re going to receive a masterclass on recovering from the occasional bout of sleep deprivation with ease and grace. This episode is loaded with tips and insights you can keep in your superhero utility belt for when they’re needed. So, just click play, take good notes, and enjoy!
In this episode you'll discover:
- What the two types of sleep deprivation are.
- How even short-term sleep debt impacts your health.
- Why it’s important to eliminate some of the neuroses around getting to bed (and enjoy life a little more sometimes!).
- The #1 way to prevent sleep deprivation in the first place.
- How your circadian timing system works.
- How to help “reset” your body’s biological rhythms when need be.
- How sunlight positively influences cortisol levels.
- The relationship between cortisol and melatonin.
- How your work environment might be influencing your sleep.
- One of the most overlooked reasons we experience symptoms of sleep deprivation (it has to do with your immune system!).
- The shocking impact vitamin D has on preventing the flu versus a flu vaccine.
- How the time of day you exercise impacts your sleep quality.
- Whether or not it’s ideal to reduce your sleep time to make sure to exercise.
- How being electrically “grounded” can influence your sleep and recovery.
- The profound ways that sleep deprivation can affect your gut microbiome.
- Why your sleep quality can influence your cravings.
- The pros and cons of utilizing caffeine when you’re sleep deprived.
- Critical information about melatonin supplementation (you need to know this!).
- What beverage is clinically proven to help you sleep at night.
- Which specific nutrient has been found to help prevent some side effects of sleep deprivation.
- Whether or not it’s a good idea to nap if you’re lacking good sleep at night.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
* Download The Transcript
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
Click Here to Subscribe via Apple Podcasts
Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher
Click here to Subscribe via Spotify
Click here to Subscribe via Soundcloud