Did you know that the kidney bean is actually good for your kidneys? Or that the brain-shaped walnut is proven to have brain boosting benefits? Coincidence or not, there are a long list of foods that have a striking resemblance to the body parts and systems they provide nutrients for.
On this episode, you’re going to learn about 11 foods that look like the body part that they support. We’re diving into the compounds and nutrients inside these foods, and how they can contribute to human health. You’ll hear the studies backing up these foods and their role in aiding different body parts and organ systems.
You’re also going to hear ideas for incorporating these 11 foods into your diet, including how to select the highest quality products possible. No matter what your diet is like, I hope you can consider adding some of these nourishing foods to your plate. So listen in, take good notes, and enjoy the show!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What anthocyanins are.
- The link between blueberry consumption and retina health.
- Two things to look for when shopping for blueberries.
- How the avocado was named.
- The benefits that avocados have on circulation and reproductive health.
- How to extend the shelf life of avocados.
- Ways to incorporate more avocados into your diet.
- How consuming ginseng can lessen stress and fatigue.
- The two main ways of adding ginseng to your routine.
- How much blood the kidneys are responsible for filtering every day.
- The role that kidneys play in regulating blood pressure.
- How consumption of kidney beans can literally relax your blood vessels.
- The link between anthocyanins and antioxidants.
- How chocolate polyphenols can actually improve dental health.
- Why it’s important to source high quality chocolate.
- The health benefits of walnuts, and their protective effects on the brain.
- Ideas for adding more walnuts to your plate.
- The impact that broccoli has on lung health.
- How beet juice intake can affect blood pressure and endothelial health.
- The role that pomegranates can play in normalizing blood pressure.
- What you need to know about commercial pomegranate juices.
- The definition and role of ICAM-1.
- How cranberries can support cardiovascular health.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes:
* Download Transcript
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation